Key Account Manager (manufacturing sales)
60606 , 60048 Chicago, IL 60606
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of container & closure solutions for a variety of industries. They are in need of an experienced Key Account Manager for their high-quality plastics division. This division primarily specializes in packaging solutions for the food & beverage, personal care & automotive industries. The Key Account Manager will work within a large geographic territory, managing existing key accounts and developing new accounts.
As part of a global family, employees enjoy a competitive benefits package, in addition to a generous travel allowance and fantastic income potential. You determine your travel schedule and office hours. When you're not traveling within your territory, you have the freedom to work from home.
What is our client looking for in this critical, high-profile position?
- A background in plastics - specifically injection molding - is required. Ideally, you'll have 5+ years' experience marketing plastic containers & caps.
- Experience developing and nurturing business relationships with Fortune 500 companies. We're looking for a true sales & marketing professional - someone who has been doing this for 10+ years and has a proven track record of building rapport and closing new business.
- A creative, strategic thinker who can identify market potential, qualify key accounts, and understand the needs of these accounts. This includes planning & budgeting long-term to satisfy the ongoing needs of key accounts.
- Excellent presentation skills. We're looking for someone who exudes confidence, commands respect, and knows how to put together a sharp presentation to demonstrate the company's products and capabilities.
Required Experience, Education & Skills:
- A sales background in plastic injection molding (preferably 10+ years)
- Experience in the packaging/container industry (preferably 5+ years)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Solid proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- The ability to travel up to 50% within your geographic territory, which will include the Midwest to the East Coast.
The Company offers:
- A salary in the $100k - $130k range, depending on experience
- 20% bonus potential
- Full benefits package, including several insurance plans to choose from
- Generous monthly car allowance
Direct Hire Account Manager
Send me your resume today! I'd love to help you find your perfect job. Accurate Personnel works with companies all across the nation. Take advantage of our expansive network of clients in many industries.
Are you a veteran or military spouse? Accurate Personnel is proud to be a MSEP partner, as well as a member of the IL Hires Heroes consortium. Let us help you find your next opportunity.