2nd shift-Shift Supervisor
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Department: PRODUCTION Reports to: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Monitors operations to ensure and verify compliance of established procedures pertaining to food safety, quality and customer specifications during the manufacturing process of our products.
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities, other duties may be assigned depending on business necessity.**
- Managing work schedules and assesses work performance of direct reports to ensure expectations are met. Provide both positive and constructive feedback to direct reports to ensure expectations are understood.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to direct reports and department employees
- Verifies that work flows and procedures, for each department, allow for consistent, quality products to be produce in and efficient and effective manner.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies, and applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Responsibilities include training of employees, planning, assigning and directing work, assessing employee performance, disciplining employees where necessary
- Have a working knowledge of all procedures, processes, SAP, paperwork and equipment within the plant environment
- Provide a safe working environment. Enforce all safety policies and procedures.
- Provide a positive work environment.
- Responsible for identifying and analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, and implementing recommendations for resolution of problems
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with direct reports, peers and management throughout the course of work
- Evaluate, develop, implement, and maintain process improvements for operations.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress
- Be available for special projects related to the success of the department and overall business.
- Participate in mock recall exercises
- Verify traceability records for completeness and accuracy.
- Develop in house talent for succession planning.
- Understand and interprets financials for the company. Understand overheads, and the affects that yields, throughputs, and labor have on the monthly and yearly budgets. Maintains the ability to analyze and improve the process based on financial results.
- Delegates tasks to subordinates. Follows up regularly to ensure completion.
- Serves as the role of Operations Manager in cases of absence.
- Serves as the role of Production Supervisor in cases of absence.
- Initiates cost savings by process improvement, machine upgrades, vendor changes, etc.
- Maintains the ability to see the business as a whole and make decisions based on the company s best interest.
- Assists in forecasting 4 to 6 weeks of production.
- Manages Shipping and Receiving Department.
**Reporting to this Position**: Production Supervisors, Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
**Essential Education and Experience**:
Food manufacturing experience highly preferred. The candidate must be dependable, detail-oriented, able to follow directions, able to work under minimal supervision, and record data neatly and accurately. The candidate must be willing to work weekends and overtime hours.
Bachelor s degree in food science or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software, Outlook and Internet software.
Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ensure that all production employees responsible for performing job functions are trained and able to perform their jobs
- Make sure that company policies are followed and enforced.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to make decisions and remedy non-conforming areas regarding quality.
- Mentor and train personnel to provide adequate succession planning.
- Ability to lead team through positive and constructive reinforcement.
- Assist in the maintenance and calibration of process equipment when necessary.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions where needed.
- Supports the success of the company goals and objectives.