Libertyville, IL 60048
Do you have a background in PLC programming & troubleshooting? Bring your mechanical & technical skills to an industry-leading manufacturer. We're looking for someone to support and improve our client's current automation equipment. This is a direct-hire opportunity. Accurate Personnel is assisting with recruiting & screening candidates. The selected candidate will be employed directly by our client.
What the Automation Technician does:
- Design, test, and maintain automated manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Analyze the products to be manufactured and design the automated equipment to produce the products in the most efficient manner possible
- Acts as the technical point-person in projects
- Program & design PLC controls for new equipment
- Produce engineering reports documenting the design and testing process
- Research, select, or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication.
- Support the production team by troubleshooting and/or programming automation equipment
Skills & Experience needed:
- PLC programming & troubleshooting (minimum 1 year)
- Troubleshooting equipment problems & performing system tests
- Understanding of AC and DC motors and servo systems
- Ability to read technical & electrical prints and diagrams
- Ability to wire industrial control systems including 480V/120V/24V power, drives, motors, I/O and sensors
- Robotics - Basic understanding of robot operations; Understanding of I/O and interfacing, electrical and mechanical troubleshooting experience
- MMIs - Understanding of basic concepts, familiar with PanelView Plus and PanelView hardware. Ability to use RSView Studio and PanelBuilder software (preferred)
- Plastic injection molding experience (preferred)
The Automation Tech works on a 12-hour rotating schedule: 6am - 6pm, 2 days on/2 days off. The average pay range is $25 - $31 per hour, based on experience.
Direct Hire Account Manager
Send me your resume today! I'd love to help you find your perfect job. Accurate Personnel works with companies all across the nation. Take advantage of our expansive network of clients in many industries.
Are you a veteran or military spouse? Accurate Personnel is proud to be a MSEP partner, as well as a member of the IL Hires Heroes consortium. Let us help you find your next opportunity.