Pompano Beach, FL 33069
Support production by creating new CNC processes.
Document new process for others to use.
Source best tooling for job based on material and manufacturing technique.
Run of test programs on the machine and document results.
Maintain our tooling database.
Work with engineering to ensure that product manufactured in new process meets customer requirements.
Seek out and implement new machining strategies to reduce cost and improve productivity.
Implement new equipment by providing tooling, work holding, programs, and routings.
Support testing, development, and implementation of new product lines.
Work safely and insure safe working environment for co-workers
- Must have solid knowledge of programming CNC machines by using programs like Esprit (Knowledge of similar software can be acceptable, I.E. MasterCam, Gibbs, EdgeCAM etc.)
- Fully capable of reading drawings and understands tolerance systems
- Working with CAD models. Autodesk Inventor experience is a plus but not required.
- Able to select proper tooling, machining strategies and speeds/feeds to create a reliable CNC program.
- Knowledge of documenting and analyzing manufacturing processes and routings (Microsoft word, Excel)
- Knowledge of how to run a CNC mill and lathe (experience on manual machines is desired as well)
- Able to do a setup on a CNC machine and run of created programs
- Experience using Metric system (no must criteria)