Cost Accountant / Sales Analyst
Libertyville, IL 60048
* At least 5 years' cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
* A background in plastics would be great - especially pricing/costing plastics for a manufacturing plant
* Very experienced using SAP (ERP software)
* Experience using COGNOS for reporting
* Advanced Excel skills are critical! (V Lookups, "IF" statements, pivot tables, graphs, SUMIF formulas, etc.)
* Inventory experience: calculating inventory-related KPI's, manual inventory adjustments, reclassifying to appropriate accounts, etc.
**KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:**
New business quotations/calculations
* Serve as finance liaison and functional expert for new business quoting process
* Make estimates of new and proposed product costs (Quoting Tool / IVRs).
* Prepare and provide financial data for inclusion in narrative IVR memos
* Analyze monthly variances and recommend corrective measures we can implement operationally. Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and analytical support as required.
* Prepare and maintain accurate cost models for standard products; Make recommendation on SCCOP pricing.
* Evaluate, compare, and analyze customer and product margins, trends, and cost efficiencies across the company.
Responsible for all sales-related month-end activities and financial reports
* Prepare and distribute monthly sales flash to internal stakeholders
* Calculate and record sales rebates, amortization, royalty
* Calculate and analyze cost of goods for resale
* Calculate and rationalize sales and Ebit impact of resin pass-through and non-resin price changes
* Prepare and distribute accurate monthly sales bridge, mid-month forecast
* Prepare accurate volume/mix summary files and distribute to leadership team
Maintain accurate pricing records for existing customers
* Maintain accurate price model and ensure customer pricing is loaded into SAP
* Accurately maintain customer-specific quote files
* Communicate pricing to customers via price announcement letters and customer-specific quote files
* Ensure compliance with all pricing-related and procedures (price concessions, low-margin business requests, etc)
* Serve as internal contact for all pricing inquiries
* Calculate and update inventory-related key performance indicators (KPI)
* Execute inventory related system transactions (cost rolls, WIP calculation, etc)
* Review scrap PPV and manual inventory adjustments transactions; reclassify to appropriate accounts
* Calculate and post inventory reserve (HFI, obsolescence) and revaluation adjustments (standard to actual, NRV)
* Prepare quarterly & annual materials forecast budget
* Coordinate and lead semi-annual inventory counts
* Update standard product cost models
**REQUIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:**
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar. MBA preferred.
* Minimum 3 years of Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment; 5 years or more preferred
* Required Software: SAP, Advanced Excel skills, COGNOS