Director of Quality & Continuous Improvement
60047 Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Overview of the Director of Quality and Continuous Improvement role:
- Claim ownership of the Quality Management System. Assure consistent quality of production by developing protocols, validating processes, documenting activity, and supporting audit requirements.
- Responsible for Company's overall Lean strategy. Continually develop, implement, and refine the core business processes. Drive best-in-class results in customer satisfaction, quality, on-time delivery, customer value, sales operations, organic growth, and ultimately financial performance. In conjunction with the senior leadership team, provide the thought leadership, strategic direction, and tactical implementation and support for the development and advancement of the business and quality systems across all Company facilities.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and communicate quality assurance plans in accordance with OEM specifications and Regulatory Agencies (FAA, EASA, DCA).
- Lead key Quality Management and Regulatory Compliance processes across facilities, including: Corrective Action, Warranty, Audit, Management Review, Document Control, Export Control.
- Participate in the definition and development of the business Lean strategy. Lead the development of the operational excellence plan. Drive all KPIs to best in class level and reduce overall cycle time.
- Drive the Lean road map and ensure all sites are implementing the appropriate Lean tools, e.G. 5S, VSM, standard work, pull systems, SMED, variance reduction, etc. To maximize productivity and throughput while minimizing lead time and WIP.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information from production trends including failed processes, relevant studies, recalls, and corrective actions, along with data furnished by the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
- Draft, prepare, and update internal quality control documents such as the Company Quality Manual and the Domestic Repair Station Manual as needed. Devise and implement quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, developing production procedures, and determining operational and performance qualifications.
- Schedule and prepare for audits. Maintain and improve product quality by completing or assisting in the completion of product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits.
- Devise and oversee implementation of equipment calibration as needed.
- Ensure strict adherence to all safely and security procedures and regulations and promptly report any observed violations in accordance with established guidelines.
- Identify and implement best-in-class Lean processes and infrastructure. Identify and resolve production problems. Determine system improvements and assist in the implementation of change.
- Effectively communicate Quality Control plans, including both external and internal data and technological updates. Update plans regularly and in a timely fashion.
- Contribute technical information and analysis to strategic plans; continually update production processes and training programs as needed.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing or assisting in the completion of product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits.
- Update job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management; participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain personal networks, participate in professional organizations. Complete any training or certification required.
Specific Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Bachelor s Degree required, preferably in Engineering or a technical field
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- FAA A&P certification desired
- 10-12 years progressive experience in Quality and/or Lean environments.
- 3-5 years of direct leadership and ownership of results.
- 5+ years in Aviation MRO
- Lean/Six Sigma training and certification
- ISO 9000/AS9100/AS9110
- Travel up to 20% of the time, including international locations
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to read, understand, and follow the technical specifications in OEM manuals and FAA regulations.
- Knowledge of aircraft propellers, propeller controls, and related subassemblies.
- Ability to interpret technical orders, blueprints, electrical wiring diagrams, fluid flow charts, and work guides as needed.
- Strong planning, organization, analytical, and networking skills. Ability to prioritize, multi-task, think critically, and retain focus. Attention to detail.
- Capable of executing Lean in engineering, manufacturing and service environments. Able to effectively lead Process Mapping, VSM, Lean, or Kaizen events.
- Able to influence leadership across functions. Effective communicator at all levels of the organization from the shop floor to the board room.
- Transparent, results-oriented and accountable with a strong customer focus.
- Passionate about achieving results, the right way.
- Focused on the motivation and development of people. Excellent "people skills" are critical in this role!
- Proficiency in software tools: Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project. Experience with an ERP system is ideal.
Direct Hire Account Manager
Send me your resume today! I'd love to help you find your perfect job. Accurate Personnel works with companies all across the nation. Take advantage of our expansive network of clients in many industries.
Are you a veteran or military spouse? Accurate Personnel is proud to be a MSEP partner, as well as a member of the IL Hires Heroes consortium. Let us help you find your next opportunity.