Are you ready to take the next step in your Distribution/Logistics career? Our client, a manufacturer & distributor of automotive parts, is looking for a Distribution Supervisor. This person will learn the business and train side-by-side with the Operations Manager, who is planning retirement. When that day comes, the Distribution Supervisor will step into that leadership role. This is the perfect opportunity to establish yourself with a top-notch company. In addition to the advancement opportunities, our client offers an incredible benefits package, with eligibility beginning on the first day of employment. The company pays 90% of employees' medical premiums, and they provide 13 paid holidays per calendar year, above & beyond the paid vacation allowance!
**Are you the one we're looking for?**
- We'd like you to have 5 or more years of experience as a warehouse or logistics lead/supervisor.
- Ideally, you'll have completed your Bachelor's degree in Business or Logistics Management (or related field)
- You'll have a very good working knowledge of the SAP ERP system
- You'll be ready to move out of the warehouse setting and into the office to supervise the business side of distribution. (This is much more a "desk job" than a "warehouse job")
- Supervision of purchase order process, material orders from suppliers, delivery performance and customer service.
- Create customer accounts in SAP
- Manage forecasted demand instructions to suppliers based on customer input and historical orders.
- Actively provide/supervise communication with customers regarding status of delivery performance.
- Liaison with suppliers on scheduling and delivery logistics.
- Coordination of incoming shipments, materials in transit and outgoing deliveries.
- Manage historical files and supplier performance.
- Analyze overall delivery performance.
- Create and manage work orders to maintain item requirements for sales.
- Implement necessary corrective actions to improve customer satisfaction.
- Schedule all outbound orders.
- Assist manager in the supervision of warehouse staff and functions.
- Provide periodic reports on inventory/safety stock levels, shipping costs, and shipping performance.
- Maintain all external customer websites and supplier portals.
- Develop and maintain procedures manual for all logistics functions.
- Develop and utilize SAP pro-actively and present options/coordinate activities with IT Dept.
- Ensure warehouse environment is within OSHA codes and guidelines.
- Participate in the budget process as directed
**Experience & Skill Requirements:**
- Very good proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- SAP experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in warehouse, distribution or logistics lead roles
- Bachelor's degree in a related field