**Job title:** Electrical Technician **FLSA status**: Nonexempt
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service. Working between two facilities in Pleasant Prairie, WI
**MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:**
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Maintain department records.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Conduct servicing of mechanical, Hydraulic, pneumatic, and material flow systems.
- Must be willing to learn mechanical tasks
- Responsible for quality of work performed and for identifying and documenting quality problems for corrective actions.
Minimum of 3 years' experience in plant environment. Experience with VFD's110, 220 & 480 volt systems. PLC experience (programming, troubleshooting, etc.). High school diploma or equivalent required. The candidate must be able to lift 75 lbs., and may be required to wear a respirator. The candidate must have strong electrical trouble shooting skills.