Key Account Manager (manufacturing sales)
Chicago, IL 60606
As part of a global family, employees enjoy a competitive benefits package, in addition to a generous travel allowance and fantastic income potential. You determine your travel schedule and office hours. When you're not traveling within your territory, you have the freedom to work from home.
What is our client looking for in this critical, high-profile position?
* A background in plastics - specifically injection molding - is required. Ideally, you'll have 5+ years' experience marketing plastic containers & caps.
* Experience developing and nurturing business relationships with Fortune 500 companies. We're looking for a true sales & marketing professional - someone who has been doing this for 10+ years and has a proven track record of building rapport and closing new business.
* A creative, strategic thinker who can identify market potential, qualify key accounts, and understand the needs of these accounts. This includes planning & budgeting long-term to satisfy the ongoing needs of key accounts.
* Excellent presentation skills. We're looking for someone who exudes confidence, commands respect, and knows how to put together a sharp presentation to demonstrate the company's products and capabilities.
Required Experience, Education & Skills:
* A sales background in plastic injection molding (preferably 10+ years)
* Experience in the packaging/container industry (preferably 5+ years)
* A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
* Solid proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
* The ability to travel up to 50% within your geographic territory, which will include the Midwest to the East Coast.
The Company offers:
* A salary in the $100k - $130k range, depending on experience
* 20% bonus potential
* Full benefits package, including several insurance plans to choose from
* Generous monthly car allowance