Office Manager / Bookkeeper
Wauconda, IL 60084
* Have a similar background in a manufacturing environment (as an Office Manager, Administrative Manager, etc.)
* Have experience working in Sage accounting software (or working in its predecessor, Peachtree)
* Have experience working directly with customers, and entering orders in the system for the production team
* Have purchasing experience (for both office & production supplies)
* Feel comfortable creating basic spreadsheets and tracking important data in Excel
* Be available to start a new position as soon as possible!
* Be the key person responsible for customer service, bookkeeping & purchasing for the business
* Work with customers (primarily wholesalers) to receive their orders and enter them into the system
* Look up quantity & pricing information to accurately invoice customers in Sage software
* Schedule shipment to customers once the production team has fulfilled the order
* Process weekly check runs for company's suppliers (done in Sage)
* Complete all related bookkeeping tasks and reports as needed
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Good working knowledge of Sage accounting software (or Peachtree)
* Great attention to detail & organization skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* A "jump in and help" personality. This is a close-knit, small team. Everyone chips in to help if a department needs it.
**Additional Details & Perks:**
* The Office Manager's schedule will closely mirror the customer service hours. Standard business hours are M-F, 8: 00 am - 4: 30 pm. There is a bit of flexibility, if an otherwise perfect candidate needs to request a minor schedule adjustment.
* Our client offers a casual dress code. Jeans and tennis shoes can be worn daily!
* A PPO Medical plan is 100% company-paid for the employee only. Additional family members could be covered, but would pay full market cost (no company contribution)
* A 401k plan is not offered at this time