Project Engineer (manufacturing)
Libertyville, IL 60048
* A Bachelor's degree in a field directly related to this position (Engineering, Plastics Manufacturing, Product Design Engineering, etc.) _Our client requires a degree for this role!_
* At least 1-2 years of R&D or product engineering work experience is strongly preferred
* Data analysis experience using tools such as MiniTab
* Possesses a basic working knowledge of plastics conversion processes (such as injection molding, high volume manufacturing, injection mold tooling, etc.)
* Some basic skills in 2D or 3D CAD would be ideal
**Key Areas of Responsibility:**
As an integral part of the Development team, the Project Engineer (PE) contributes to the successful delivery of projects on-time, on-budget and in-full.
* The PE provides technical leadership in material qualification activities, including running trials and organizing/completing product testing.
* The PE documents activities, issues trial reports and makes appropriate recommendations & conclusions.
* The PE defines trial procedures and ensures there are the needed resources to complete in full. This includes leading the sampling and organizing follow-up testing as needed.
* The PE will also participate in customer line trials to confirm product performance and ensure on-time delivery of projects.
* The PE possesses a "hands-on" mentality, demonstrating the ability & commitment to successful completion of projects.